Call for Demos
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
The 21st IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM) 2020 invites technical demonstrations (accompanied by posters) showing innovative and original research in the areas of wireless, mobile, and multimedia networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems.
We particularly encourage the following types of submissions:
• Demos of the research related to accepted WoWMoM papers
• Demos from student authors related to their research topics within the WoWMoM topics of interest
• Demos from experts from industry and academia showing the state-of-the-art within WoWMoM topics of interest
Submissions from both industry and academia are strongly encouraged. At least one author of each accepted demo is required to register and present their demo at the conference.
The submissions should include an extended abstract of up to two pages (including references) in accordance with the IEEE Computer Society Author Guidelines. The abstract should explicitly state what will be demonstrated to the WoWMoM audience, and how the attendees will be able to interact, enjoy, and experiment. A full list of authors with complete affiliations should be included. A desk, power and wireless Internet connectivity will be available at the venue. Please clearly state if any additional resources are needed for arrangements to be made in the email to the demo chairs (not in the abstract).
All submissions will undergo a rigorous review process. The extended abstracts of accepted demonstrations will be included in the proceedings of WoWMoM 2020.
A “best demo award” will be given, based on community judging by registered participants.
In case you are uncertain whether your demo falls within the scope of WoWMoM, as well as for any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Demo Chairs.
• Extended demo abstract submission deadline: March 30, 2020
• Acceptance notification: April 15, 2020
• Camera-Ready version due: April, 2020 (exact date to be announced soon)
• Demo Session: June 16, 2020 (tentative)
Demos must be submitted electronically through EDAS (demo track). We will share the link for submission soon.