Call for Papers
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
IEEE WoWMoM 2020 is soliciting original and previously unpublished papers addressing research challenges and advances in the areas of wireless, mobile, and multimedia networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems and applications. Wireless networking technologies are continuously evolving and have become a critical part of modern life, be it for communication services, media distribution or sensing and actuation services within the Internet of things context. To provide users with high quality of experience in multimedia communication and distribution, especially under moderate to high utilization, appropriate resource management and architectural networking paradigms are necessary. At the same time, Internet of Things environments, wearable computing and sensors, support a diverse range of application domains and services, providing rich sets of measurements for characterizing, detecting, and understanding complex behaviors and systems and enabling feedback mechanisms that allow to control such systems. These are some of the challenges that are of interest to IEEE WoWMoM 2020. The IEEE WoWMoM 2020 conference takes a broad view and seeks papers describing innovative research contributions to the field of mobile and wireless networking and applications.
Papers that present original work, validated by experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academia, duly documenting the lessons learned from testbeds, field-trials, or real deployments, are also welcome.
Specific areas of interest:
• Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks
• Content-centric architectures for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• Cognitive communications and networking
• Dependability and survivability issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• Energy-efficiency for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• Internet/Web of Things
• Localization, tracking, and mobility management and services
• Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• Next Generation mobile 5G networks and applications
• Mobile big data networking and services
• Mobile cloud computing
• Mobile edge computing
• Mobile health networking
• Mobile network traffic characterization and measurements
• Mobile social networks
• Modeling, analysis, and performance evaluation of wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• Network virtualization and software-defined wireless networks
• Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
• Participatory, mobile and urban sensing
• Resource management and QoS/QoE provisioning
• RFID, NFC, and Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications
• Satellite and space networking
• Seamless inter-networking and self-organisation
• Security, trust and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
• System prototypes, measurements, real-world deployment, and experiences
• Virtual mobile infrastructure
• Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
• Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications
• Wearable Computing
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
All submissions must describe original research, not published or currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS. Click here to submit.
Authors can submit papers falling into two distinct paper categories (please select the appropriate one when submitting):
Regular papers submissions may be up to 10 pages in length (including figures and references), formatted in two-column IEEE conference style with font size 10 points or greater.
Work in Progress papersWork-in-progress papers provide a peer-reviewed forum for late-breaking or preliminary research results, giving an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to present and demonstrate their recent research, and to obtain feedback from their peers in an informal setting. Work-in-progress papers submissions may be up to 4 pages in length (including figures and references) and must have a prefix “Short:” in the title of the paper.
ACCEPTED PAPERSFor accepted papers, attendance and presentation by one of the authors is mandatory. Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2020 and available through IEEE Xplore.
All conference proceedings must meet IEEE's quality standards, and IEEE reserves the right not to publish any proceedings that do not meet these standards.
WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference for unjustified reasons.
Selected Papers will be considered for a special issue of the Elsevier journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC).
IMPORTANT DATESAll the following dates are tentative and will be finally set in due time. Please check the website regularly for updates.
Full manuscript due:
January 26, 2020 (AoE)   January 31, 2020 (AoE) (EXTENDED, FIRM DEADLINE)
March 18, 2020 March 25, 2020
Camera-Ready version due:
April 24, 2020 End of May, 2020 (tentative)
15-18 June, 2020 August 31 - September 03, 2020