- Teaching Materials
This 10-credit core module was taught six times between 2002 and 2008 to first-year undergraduates on the honours B.Sc. computing degrees in UCC's Computer Science Department. However, I taught it on only the final of these occasions (2007-2008), which is the version of the course included here.
The workload is 6 hours per week for the whole year, and is divided roughly as follows:
- Lectures: 2 lectures per week, each lasting 1 hour.
- Labs: 1 lab per week, lasting 1 hour.
- Private study: At least 3 hours of private study per week.
- Written exam: A three-hour paper in the Summer term, worth 160 marks.
- Year's work: Regular exercises, worth a total of 40 marks.